An FIR was Monday registered here against social networking site Facebook on a complaint that claimed a group on the site exhorts people to slaughter cows, police said. The site was booked under penal provisions and under the Information Technology (IT) Act, 2000, on the complaint filed by senior police officer Amitabh Thakur. In his complaint filed at Gomtinagar police station, Thakur alleged ...
, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is now sitting pretty with a £460 SIM-free price, and is available to order in both black and white models. The retailer hasn't announced an more specific release date than July ...
Dell has dumped its own cloud service offering to instead resell services for Joyant, Scalematrix and Zerolag. Dell's public cloud service was the firm's offering that was meant to tempt customers that buy kit from the firm not to run off to Amazon. Now it seems that Dell doesn't want to run its own cloud datacentre operations but resell services through its Cloud Partner ...
the Motion Pictures Association of America (MPAA) is behind a court order that has blocked access to the Movie2k and Download4all websites in the ...
HIGHLAND, Ill.o The good news for the Highland softball team was that it earned a postseason victory. The bad news is that it has to face ...
79.3°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the South at 4.0 MPH Gusting to 17.0 MPH
Before they directed their first feature-length fictional film, Falsch, in 1987, filmmaker-brothers Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne spent nearly a decade shooting documentaries. Not surprisingly, the raw immediacy of the documentary tradition is writ large in their fictional works, as is the ... ...
Garmin's Nuvi GPS device is getting better at tying into your phone, if you can live with the additional expense. The Nuvi links to a phone through ...
A. E-mail security is an ongoing issue, but there are basic precautions you can take to help keep your account safer from intruders, viruses and other malicious scenarios. To start, make sure your computer's operating system, security software and e-mail/Web browser program have all the latest updates and security patches installed. Skipping simple or easy-to-remember passwords in favor ...
Government plans to amend the 128-year-old Indian Telegraph Act in a bid to check misuse of VoIP, a tool that has become handy for terror and separatist ...
Indian IT sector , said Krishnakumar Natarajan, Chairman, Nasscom. "This is a one off case and the industry is known for its highest standards of governance," he told ET Now. Natarajan said iGate board has taken a right decision to sack its President and ...
Executives buying a hot Internet company sound so assured and optimistic. In conference calls to celebrate such deals, they invariably predict accelerated growth for the parent business, a pipeline of new complimentary products and an infusion of entrepreneurial zeal. Check in a few years later, however, and the results are usually mixed. Some Internet acquisitions live up to their blockbuster ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Canada
After getting off the Greyhound bus I trudged through the Whistler Village to the bottom of Whistler Mountain, and there ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Houston MirrorHouston Mirror | Continuously updating Houston News
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Houston news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Houston Mirror is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Houston.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Houston weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Houston Mirror is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
A Proton-M rocket carrying a French telecommunications satellite has blasted off from the Baikonur space center in Kazakhstan, said a spokesman for Russian space agency Roscosmos.
Tuesday's launch was the 386th of a Proton rocket and the third Proton launch this year.
The launch took place at 20.02 Moscow time (4.02 p.m. GMT), the Roscosmos spokesman said.
Separation of the French W3D satellite from the Russian rocket was scheduled for 5.15 a.m. (1.15 a.m. GMT) Wednesday, he added.
The W3D satellite was built by Thales Alenia Space for Paris-based Eutelsat on the Spacebus 4000 C3 platform.
The 5,400 kg satellite has a service life of 15 years.
It will provide extensive Ku-band coverage across Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia for video links and data networks as well as Direct-to-Home (DTH) reception and Internet services.
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- US senators approve immigration changes requiring fingerprint system at 30 airports
- Obama admin to hand over some CIA drone operations to Pentagon
- Four Teens Wounded In Austin Shooting
- Why Texas loves trucks
- Texas parents charged after adopted son 4 dies
- Second Kiln at Texas Industries’ Hunter Cement Plant Achieves Operational Status
- Boeheim on Melos title hopes Not on that team MAY 21
- Climate change after cosmic impact may have wiped out wooly mammoths
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- All you could hear were screams’
- National Tribute Honors Memory of Sally Ride 1st American Woman in Space
- Extreme Solar Storm Could Cause Widespread Disruptions on Earth
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Fallen trees damage homeowners cars
- Twitter hit-and-run boast shows dangers of road tax entitlement | Dawn Foster
- Chelsea flower show at 100 A century of cuttings
- Rwanda Environment Projects Threatened By Financial Constraints
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Fergie Premier League manager of year
- Nokia video ad touts Lumia 928s low-light camera
- RPT-Yahoos rise in Asia offsets risk from Tumblr bet
- UPDATE 3-Vodafone keeps Verizon payout to make up for European slump
- UPDATE 1-KKR sells entire stake in Australias Seven West Media
- UPDATE 2-Ireland says not to blame for Apples low tax rate
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Houston Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- One person dead after night club shooting
- Houston Red Cross volunteers head to Oklahoma
- Help could be available for uninsured West losses
- Profar collects two RBIs in Rangers loss
- Humble Darvish tries to slow As roll